The KAN-therm Inox Sprinkler System bases on the technology of the press-on system „Press” and an „HP” profile of clamping. This provides:
3-plane pressure on an O-ring ensuring its right deformation and adherence to the pipe surface,
full closure of the O-ring groove space thru pressing the fitting edge to the pipe surface, which prevents intrusion of dirt into this fitting and is a natural protection of the seal and reinforces a connection mechanically,
control of the condition of a sealing, i.e. the shape of the O-ring groove next to the fitting edge.
1. Cut pipes with a disc cutter. Other tools like hand and electric saws for cutting carbon steel are allowed, provided a cut is at the right angle and edges being cut will not be damaged. Breaking off only partly cut off pipe sections is not allowed. Do not use burners and cutting discs for cutting. When determining the length to be cut off remember the depth to which a pipe must enter into a fitting.
2. Using a hand or electric chamfering tool (for larger diameters a half-round file for steel) chamfer the external and internal edge of a cut off pipe and remove all the burrs, which can damage the O-ring during assembly. Remove also filings on and in a pipe, which can increase the risk of point corrosion.
3. In order to achieve the right strength of a connection a pipe must enter a fitting to a proper depth. Mark that required depth on a pipe (or fitting with a „bare“ end) with a felt-tip pen.
After pressing the mark on the pipe must be visible just at the fitting edge.
4. Prior to assembly check visually if the O-ring is in its groove and its condition. Make sure also there are no filings or other foreign matter in a pipe and fitting, which can damage the seal, when a pipe is pushed in. Make sure whether the distance between the neighbouring fittings is not smaller than allowed.
5. Before the pressing insert a pipe axially into a fitting to a marked depth (a light rotation for easy movement is allowed). Do not use oil, grease or fat for easy pushing into a pipe (water, or soap solution are permitted – recommended for the pressure test with compressed air). In case of simultaneous assembly of several connections (by inserting pipes into fittings) prior to pressing every successive connection, check the insertion depth marked on every pipe.
6. Before you start pressing, check the technical condition of tools. It is recommended to use clamping tools and pressing jaws delivered by KAN-therm Inox Sprinkler System.
Always select a proper size of the pressing jaws according to a connection you are making. The pressing jaw shall be fitted on a connector so that the profile in it embraces exactly the place where the O-ring is seated in a connector (the convex part of a connector). After starting the clamping tool the process of pressing is performed automatically and cannot be stopped. If for any reason the pressing is interrupted, a connection shall be dismantled (cut out) and made again.